Director, Membership and Marketing
In This Section
Director, Membership and Marketing
Professional association located in Bethesda, MD is seeking a Director, Membership and Marketing. The National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) represents 24,000 members, has a staff of 30, and an annual budget of $8 million. NASP represents school psychology and supports school psychologists to enhance the learning and mental health of all children and youth.
The Director, Membership and Marketing will be responsible for the marketing activities that include membership recruitment, retention, and services to achieve growth objectives as well as marketing annual convention, summer conferences, Online Learning Center, certification, elections, and publications. The position oversees key member benefits, segmentation programming, NASP online communities, elements of membership processing, and data management. This position assists with leadership efforts in support of these objectives. The Director supervises three membership and marketing related positions and reports to the Executive Director. This is an exempt level position.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy plan for member recruitment and retention.
- Support the volunteer leadership's grassroots efforts in membership recruitment, retention, and service.
- Develop and implement new and renewed member recognition initiatives.
- Provide support to initiatives to increase membership from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Develop and implement an integrated program to market key products, including the annual convention, summer conferences, certification, publications, career center, and other products.
- Serve as the staff liaison to various committees.
- Develop member engagement strategies that improve member retention, oversee membership Communities, and social media activities.
- Oversee aspects of membership processing including the accuracy of member records to ensure the quality of the information in the iMIS database.
- Supervise department staff and manage day-to-day operations of the department.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field and at least 5 years of proven experience in marketing, preferably in an association environment.
- Knowledge of education and mental health issues is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with web and mobile technologies; web content management; e-mail marketing systems; and other membership based communications technology.
- Experience with association management software, preferably iMIS.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Effectively work with staff, both individually and in a team environment.
- Effectively work with volunteers at all levels (leadership, members, committees, etc.)
- Minimal travel required.
Key Internal Relationships:
Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, staff member in each of the relevant departments.
Key External Relationships:
Key NASP leaders, NASP members, NCSPs, convention attendees.
Related Job Benefits:
NASP offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Professional development opportunities are readily available. The NASP office is located in the thriving city of Bethesda, MD and near Washington, D.C. The area offers a broad variety of cultural, outdoor recreation activities, food and entertainment activities. Located near the Bethesda Redline Metro Station.
Please send letter of interest with highlighted accomplishments that reflect the ability to fulfill the responsibilities above, resume, three writing samples, salary history and requirements (required) via e-mail to HR@naspweb.org. Interviews (phone and in person) will commence as soon as possible.