SEA Credential:
School Psychology Specialist requires a Standard Non-Instructional Student Services License. To obtain this credential, one must meet the following requirements:

  • Completion of an advanced degree in school psychology or completion of an advanced degree in counseling with a graduate level program of study in school psychology from a college/university and program holding accreditation recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
  • Score of 147 or higher on the Praxis School Psychologist exam

School Psychology Specialists are not eligible for a provisional teaching license.

Continuing Education Requirements:
Required 60 contact hours every 5 years. NASP approved CPD hours are accepted towards renewal.

Scope of Practice:
School Psychology Specialists are not permitted to practice in any other arena other than the schools, and may not refer to themselves as "school psychologists". Individuals at the doctoral level may become licensed through the Arkansas Board of Psychology, at which point they may refer to themselves "school psychologists".

SEA website:

SEA Contact:
Joan Simon, PhD
Professor, University of Central Arkansas
253 Mashburn Hall
Conway, AR 72035

SEA documents:

Psychology board website: