SEA Credential:
Teaching Endorsement -006.50 School Psychologist: This endorsement requires at least 60 graduate semester hours beyond the baccalaureate degree, in which at least 54 are exclusive of credit for the supervised internship. Requires a minimum of 1,200 clock hours of internship experience, supervised by a Standard Institution of Higher Education, 600 of which must be in a school setting. Applicants who have completed 600 hours of supervised experience in school settings prior to the internship as part of their doctoral training program in school psychology may complete all 1,200 hours of their supervised internship in a setting that provides psychological services to children, birth to age 21. Nebraska teacher education institutions offering this endorsement must have on file, within the institution, a plan which identifies the courses and the course completion requirements which the institution utilizes to grant credit toward completion of this endorsement. Effective September 1, 2015, an applicant will be required to submit a passing score as set forth in Appendix C for the applicable content test for the first-time placement of this endorsement on a Nebraska certificate or permit.

Alternative Program Teaching Permit (provisional endorsement): The alternative program teaching permit allows school psychologists to work temporarily while completing a graduate preparation program in school psychology. 

Continuing Education Requirements:

Within the 5-year renewal period, school psychologists must successfully document work experience at half time or more for 1 year, or 6 additional college credit hours.

Scope of Practice:

According to Nebraska Rule 24, individuals with the SEA endorsement may provide school psychological services to students (birth to age 21), school personnel, parents and other specialists related to individual student needs or school program considerations. The credential allows one to provide services in private or charter schools as well as contract services in schools. The SEA credential does not allow for private practice outside the schools. To practice outside of schools, one must apply through the Nebraska Dept. of Health and Human Services.

SEA website:

Psychology board website: