Program Accreditation Fees and Deadlines
Deadlines and Timelines
The following timeline and process will be utilized for programs seeking NASP accreditation.
Note: Programs that currently hold accreditation should submit two cycles before accreditation. For example, programs with an expiration date of December, 2024 should submit by March 15, 2024.
|Date of Review||Fall||Spring|
|Submission deadline||September 15||March 15|
|Informed of eligibility for site visit||January 1||July 1|
|Recognition Report received||February 1||August 1|
|Site visit completed by||April 15||October 15|
|Final decision by||August 1||February 1|
In the event that eligibility for the site visit is not met, the program will have one opportunity to resubmit. If this attempt is unsuccessful, the program would no longer be approved and would need to begin the process by applying for Candidacy.
Fees for NASP Accreditation
|Submission Type||July 1, 2020-
June 30, 2022
|July 1, 2022-
June 30, 2024
|Full Review (due at time of submission)||$1500||$2000|
|Two Programs (e.g., specialist and doctoral)|
|Full Review (due at time of submission)||$1875||$2500|
The fees will apply to the following programs:
- Candidacy Status Review (Only for new programs)
- Programs that do not meet conditions for candidacy are entitled to one additional review at no additional cost if submitted within one year of dated feedback letter.
- Candidacy fees apply only to programs without current Full or Conditional approval status.
- No annual fee will be imposed upon programs during Candidacy Status period.
- Full Review (due at time of submission) plus site visit costs
- Programs maintain responsibility for arranging and directly reimbursing site visitors' travel, lodging, and per diem costs. Such reimbursement will follow the policies and procedures of the institution. NASP will not participate in the collection or dissemination of funds for site visits.
- Programs that do not meet Site Visit Eligibility Status are entitled to one additional full self-study review at no additional cost if submitted within their candidacy period or during a program's approval period if currently approved.
- Conditional Review (due at time of submission)
- Annual Fee (due September, invoiced in July)
- Appeals Fee
Institutions with 2 programs (e.g., specialist-level and doctoral level) submitting at the same time are only required to pay 25% of the total cost for the second program. This applies to all fees, including the annual fee.
Note: Doctoral programs submitting for NASP program accreditation that have evidence of APA accreditation will only need to pay the annual fee.