5-Day Advanced Training
In addition to all of the offerings included in the 3-day training, 5-day training participants will explore the conference theme, Building Capacity for Safe and Successful Schools: Policy Directions for the Nation, in greater depth by examining how administrative policy and educational practices can support safe and successful schools.
The 5-Day Advanced Training topics will include all of the 3-Day Basic Training topics previously identified and also:
• Investigate the factors that contribute to safe and successful schools
• Explore how school safety impacts "equity" and "equality" in education
• Examine the pros and cons of different school climate & safety models and learn how these models promote or hinder access to effective schools
• Identify practical policy, professional practice, and advocacy strategies for improving access to a high quality safe and successful schools
• Consider how federal regulations, statutes, and case law shape policy that improves access to safe schools and a high quality education for diverse learners
Participants interested in earning a minimum of 20 NASP CPDs by taking the advanced training can register for the 5-day experience here.
Participants interested in taking the PPI for graduate semester credit must enroll in 1 or 3 credits through the George Washington University. To access information about registering for this option, contact Dr. Carol Kochhar-Bryant.