3-Day Basic Training
The 3-day basic training focuses on how federal and state education policy and grassroots advocacy shapes positive learning environments for all students.
The 3-Day Basic Training topics will:
- Review the foundations of federal law and polocy
- Explore the fundamentals of grassroots advocacy
- Examine the impact of research, policy and practice on school and student outcomes
- Explore opportunities and barriers to education reform
- Examine the factors that make a high quality public school
- Investigate the socio-cultural, political, and economic forces impacting "equity and access to a high quality public education"