Student POWER Award - COMING SOON
The Student POWER Award is a way to recognize one or more students of any age for exceptional efforts and individual achievements. This award is focused on personal goals and achievements and was created with the purpose of honoring those students who, through the support of others and their own efforts, make a difference in their own lives or the lives of others.
Specifically, the award recognizes students for progress towards goals, personal optimism, willing problem solving, eagerness to work hard, and dedication to others.
- We have developed a set of suggested guidelines for helping you select the Student POWER Award recipients in your school(s), available online.
- Select more than one student if you feel it appropriate, but be sure they truly meet the criteria and stand out.
- You will be able to present them with a personalized certificate.
- Submit the name(s) and school of the student recipients on the NASP website, which will then be compiled into a national list of Student POWER Award recipients.
- Send a letter to your building and/or district administrators and/or school board informing them that this individual(s) has been recognized as a Student POWER Award recipient. Download the sample letter here.
- Send a letter to parents notifying them that their child has been selected to receive the Student POWER Award. Download the sample letter here.
- Send a press release to your local paper(s). Download the sample press release here.
- Display the “Unlock Potential. Find Your Password!” poster that you receive in your October Communiqué. Click here for a downloadable 8½” x 11” color PDF version.
- Distribute our themed bookmarks.
Start planning now so you are ready to go when November comes along. We are excited to hear about your activities. Please let us know what you do by e-mailing NASP Director of Communications, Kathy Cowan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have fun with this program!
Download and print your personalized Student POWER Award Certificate to recognize outstanding contributions to children's success.
Submit a Student POWER Award Recipient
Nominate a student who has for progress towards goals, personal optimism, willing problem solving, eagerness to work hard, and dedication to others.
National List of Student POWER Award Recipients
See a list of those selected as selected nationwide to receive the Student POWER Award.
Guidelines on the selection process for the Student POWER Award.
Sample Press Release
Adapt this sample press release to inform your local newspaper if your nominee is selected.
Sample Letter to School Administrators
This adaptable letter can be used to notify school administrators if a member of your staff is recognized.