Minority Scholarships Awarded in Chicago
Volume 46 Issue 8
NASP Members: Log in to download this article
The NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program was established in 1995 to support the graduate training of minority students pursuing careers in school psychology. The program seeks to lower financial barriers to training and to highlight the accomplishments of promising future professionals. It advances NASP's commitment to diversity in the field of school psychology by supporting culturally diverse graduate students who will eventually provide school-based services to diverse student populations.
This year, scholarships were awarded to:
- Chia Ying Hong, Miami University, Oxford, OH, NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Award
- Yesenia Rodrigues Contreras, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE, NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Award
- Nora Neztsosie (Diné name: At'eed yaazhi – little girl), San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, Deborah Peek Crockett Minority Scholarship Award
- Kadisha Mack, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, Wayne Gressett Memorial Minority Scholarship Award
- Sydney Morales, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, The Pearson Minority Scholarship Award
The 2019 application will be available online August 2018. There is no paper application. For additional information or to be added to our “Advise When Ready” list, please send Katie Britton (email@example.com) your e-mail address so that you will be notified when the application goes live in August.
Scholarship funding is available to students enrolled in their program and accepted for enrollment for the Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 term. Scholarship funding is not retroactive for studies prior to the Fall 2019 term. If your graduation date (at the graduate level) falls before December 2018, you are ineligible to apply. Students enrolled in doctoral programs will not be considered for this scholarship award. Only those students enrolled in specialist level (or equivalent) school psychology training programs will be considered. More information is available on the NASP website (http://www.nasponline.org/membership-and-community/awards-scholarships-and-grants/minority-scholarship-program).