Earning CPD Credit
Earning CPD Credit
The NASP 2021 Virtual Convention provides several types of continuing professional development (CPD) credit for maintaining your license or certification, including the Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) credential.
All live sessions are NASP-approved* and will provide over 20 hours of documented, NASP-approved CPD. Whether you are an NCSP or you know your state will accept NASP-approved* CPD towards your license or certification renewal, see details below about claiming such credit. View the CPD guidelines if you have more questions.
- When watched in real-time, live sessions provide documentation of attendance and can be claimed for Category A CPD credit. You can earn 20+ hours of NASP-approved, Category A CPD by watching all live sessions as they occur.
- When watched on your own, previously live sessions that have been archived can be claimed for Category H CPD credit (self-study), though they still count as NASP-approved CPD.
*NASP is also approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NASP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Guidance for NCSPs
Here is what you should know about how participating in the NASP 2021 Virtual Convention can help you meet your renewal requirements:
- Any sessions you watch can be claimed for CPD credit. However, Category H (self-study) CPD credit does have a maximum of 40 hours you can claim when you renew between now and June 30, 2023. This applies to both on-demand content and sessions that were previously live and watched after the fact, once archived.
- You can meet your requirement for 10 hours of NASP--approved CPD by watching at least 10 hours of content among the live sessions (live sessions will offer NASP-approved CPD once archived as well, though paper and poster sessions originally offered as on-demand will NOT offer NASP-approved CPD).
- You can meet your requirement for 3 hours of legal regulations/ethical practice by watching sessions that focus on these topics, regardless of whether they are live or on-demand.
Several states have specific requirements to renew their credential. Some of those states have identified content from the convention as meeting their requirements for CPD credit. See details below. If your state is not listed below or if you have further questions about whether you can claim credit for attending sessions at the NASP 2021 Virtual Convention, contact your state school psychology association or the licensing body in your state.
The Michigan Association of School Psychologists will sponsor State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for the NASP convention. Visit www.masp.wildapricot.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contact your school district to find out how you can claim CPD credit for attending sessions.
Contact us at email@example.com, 866-331-6277, or 301-347-1667 with questions or requests for more information.