The Advanced Skills Institute provides two types of continuing professional development (CPD) credit for maintaining your license or certification, including the Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) credential.
All sessions offer APA- and NASP-approved, documented CPD credit. There are a total of 22 CPD credits to be obtained. View the guidance for NCSPs below and view the CPD guidelines on our website if you have questions about claiming credit specifically for the NCSP.
- When watched in real-time, live sessions provide documentation of attendance and can be claimed for Category A CPD credit. You can earn 14.5 hours of APA- and NASP-approved, Category A CPD by watching a live session during all possible time slots. Occasionally, two live sessions are occurring concurrently, in which case you can only watch one of them live.
- When watched on your own, previously live sessions that have been archived can be claimed for Category H CPD credit (self-study), though they still count as APA- and NASP-approved CPD. This accounts for another 7.5 hours of possible CPD credit.
*NASP is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NASP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Guidance for NCSPs
Here is what you should know about how participating in the Advanced Skills Institute can help you meet your renewal requirements:
- Any sessions you watch can be claimed for CPD credit. However, Category H (self-study) CPD credit does have a maximum of 40 hours you can claim when you renew between now and June 30, 2023. This applies to sessions that were previously live and watched after the fact, once archived.
- You can meet your requirement for 10 hours of NASP-approved CPD by watching at least 10 hours of content, whether in real-time or once archived.
- If your renewal is due July 2024 or later and you need to meet the requirement for 3 hours of content in equity, diversity, or inclusion, you can do this by watching relevant sessions in real-time or once archived.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 866-331-6277, with questions or requests for more information.