Students and Early Career
Each year, approximately 2,000 school psychology graduate students, interns, and early career professionals choose the NASP convention to prepare for their career. Note: Student members save $20 on registration when they register by November 9.
Why Come to the Convention
- Connect with peers, potential employers, and seasoned practitioners.
- Start to establish an expertise in the topics you care about most.
- Learn fundamental skills from leading experts in the profession.
- Navigate the transition to practice with career-related special sessions.
- Meet with a mentor on site to address questions you may have.
- Reaffirm your passion for the profession.
Graduate student members can work as Convention Assistants to receive a $80 registration fee refund in appreciation of their service. All attendees can work as Workshop Monitors and can attend the workshop they monitor free of charge and earn documented CPD. Slots for these positions open on Tuesday, November 1, at noon EDT, and often fill within hours, so set an alarm on your phone.
Make the most of your time in Denver by participating in the Convention Mentor Program. Select from a list of available mentors (they may sign up over a period of months so check back often). Once you select a mentor, choose when and where to meet. Early career members can sign up to mentor graduate students, in addition to serving as mentees themselves.
Types of Sessions
First-time attendees may find our list of session types helpful. Learn more about the length and format of each session type so you can better sort through the full list of 1,200+ educational sessions, starting in January 2023. Until then, view a list of Featured Sessions, Documented Sessions, and NASP Convention Workshops.