Graduate students can volunteer as Convention Assistants to receive a $75 registration fee refund in appreciation of their service. All attendees can work as Workshop Monitors and can attend the workshop they are monitoring free of charge and earn documented CPD.
- You must be a NASP member to sign up for either opportunity, and you must be a student member to sign up as a Convention Assistant.
- You must register for the convention before signing up for either opportunity.
- You may sign up for only one slot per category.
Convention Assistants work at various jobs and booths during the convention for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours. These slots are intended for graduate students only to help defray the cost of registration.
- In appreciation of your service, a refund of $75 will be given to graduate student Convention Assistants.
- You may count the time you work toward CPD hours depending on your personal evaluation of the educational value of the experience.
- After completing your assignment, you must bring the credit card you used to register for the convention to the Convention Assistant booth to receive your refund.
Workshop Monitors are responsible for checking in attendees before the workshop starts, monitoring the room during the session, collecting evaluation forms, and distributing CPD documentation at the end of the workshop.
- You can attend the workshop you are monitoring free of charge and will receive documented CPD credit.
- You do not need to register for the workshop you are monitoring, once you have signed up for the monitoring assignment.