Why Attend the NASP 2021 Virtual Convention
The NASP 2021 Virtual Convention provides fantastic opportunities for school psychologists to further their education, continue to hone their skills, and meet requirements for recertification from the comfort of their own home, on their own schedule. This year’s convention will offer many dynamic learning opportunities, including:
- 20+ hours of live sessions that provide documented, NASP-approved* CPD
- 300 on-demand sessions (30 minutes each)**
- 300 Posters, with opportunity for live chat with Poster authors**
- 15 live Practitioner Conversation sessions (please note that participation in each is limited to the first 50 attendees)
- An interactive Exhibit Hall
Benefits for Students
This year’s convention offers a tremendously cost-effective opportunity to:
- connect with other students regarding their Posters and research, with live chats for each Poster session;
- learn from experts in the profession about new and emerging topics relevant during internships, practicums and upon graduation; and
- learn about the latest products and resources through the Exhibit Hall.
Registration is only $29 for student members who register by the early registration deadline, January 27, 2021, and $39 thereafter.
Benefits for Practitioners
This year’s convention is a convenient opportunity to:
- discover solutions to new and recurring challenges in your practice, especially as your work changes throughout the COVID-19 pandemic;
- earn CPD hours necessary for renewal at less than $10 per credit hour (for members who register early); and
- connect with thousands of peers right from the comfort of your home or office.
Benefits for Faculty
Because all convention sessions will eventually be on demand for 60 days (live sessions will be archived after the fact), this affords you an excellent opportunity to:
- make session recommendations to your students—either to expand upon current coursework or incorporate content not already integrated into your curriculum (e.g. COVID-specific considerations),
- help students identify content that builds on their areas of interest or research goals, and
- stay abreast of the latest research for your own purposes.
*NASP is also approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NASP maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Attendees also can claim CPD credit for on-demand sessions as Category H (self-study). See CPD guidelines.
**Can be accessed for up to 60 days post-convention.
Convince Your Supervisor
Download a customizable letter and talking points to start the conversation, estimate costs, and minimize time away from work.
Download the NASP 2021 Virtual Convention Preliminary Brochure to share convention highlights with your district and demonstrate the value of attending the convention.