NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program
Awards, Scholarships, & Grants
Contact NASP with any questions regarding the Minority Scholarship Program.
The NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program is now open for the 2023 cycle. Applications are due by Friday, October 28 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Apply Now!
The NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program (NASP-ERT MSP) was established in 1995 to support the graduate training of minority students pursuing careers in school psychology. The Program seeks to lower financial barriers to training and to highlight the accomplishments of promising future professionals. It advances NASP's commitment to diversity in the field of school psychology by supporting culturally diverse graduate students who will eventually provide school-based services to diverse student populations.
Upon receipt of the award, the Program works to mentor and encourage each scholar as they progress from graduate student to practicing school psychologist. The Program annually awards scholarships of $5,000 each to selected scholars. The award is announced at the NASP Annual Convention following the scholarship deadline.
To be considered for this scholarship, the candidate must:
- Be a full-time or part-time minority student
- Be a United States citizen
- Be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in a school psychology program that is NASP-approved and/or located in an institution that is accredited by the appropriate institutional regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, with the aim of becoming a practicing School Psychologist
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a minimum cumulative overall GPA of 3.0
- Be a NASP member
Students enrolled in doctoral programs will not be considered for this scholarship award. Only those students enrolled in specialist level (or equivalent) school psychology training programs will be considered.
The ability to fund this program is a direct result of individual and corporate donations. Please donate to our scholarship program in the way most convenient to you.