S. Brock, A. Nickerson, M. Louvar Reeves, C. Conolly, S. Jimerson, R. Pesce, and B. Lazzaro
Member Price: $72.00
Nonmember Price: $90.00
Login to Add to Cart
PREPaRE Trainers: Before ordering this book, please call 866-331-NASP ext. 850 to get your trainer code.
Now available as an ebook.
How do you effectively promote school safety and address school crises? With a cohesive, multidisciplinary team and comprehensive plans.
From the groundbreaking PREPaRE training curriculum comes the second edition of School Crisis Prevention and Intervention: The PREPaRE Model. In this new edition, you will find specific recommendations for keeping schools safe and responding to crises.
Use this book in your school to:
- Discover critical components of school safety and crisis response planning and training
- Follow the latest federal guidance to develop comprehensive school emergency operations plans
- Implement drills and exercises to practice on a regular basis
- Effectively respond to crises and facilitate recovery and a return to learning through multitiered systems of support
- Assess the traumatic potential of crisis events and the impact they have on individuals
- Collaborate with community-based emergency response services
- Support school staff with care-for-the-caregiver strategies
Topics added or reformulated in this new edition include specific guidance on:
- Social media management
- Student-parent reunification
- Legal issues and confidentiality
- Support for students with special needs or diverse cultural backgrounds
- Memorial planning and activities
No refunds on ebook purchases.
This book is an excellent complement to PREPaRE workshop participation or as a standalone resource for school support staff who have not taken training. Visit the PREPaRE training curriculum section for more information.