Responding to the Louisiana Floods
Floods in Louisiana have caused wide-spread damage, displaced thousands, and disrupted the start of school in many areas, particularly Baton Rouge. The Louisiana School Psychological Association (LSPA) is working with the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) to support local school psychologists and schools through professional development, crisis consultation, and resources.
Watch a Webinar on Promoting Resilience and Recovery
In response to the floods, LSPA and NASP co-presented a webinar on promoting resilience and recovery. The webinar provides information for schools to help students, families, and staff as they recover from the natural disaster. Furthermore, the webinar outlines the disaster response phases, suggests ways in planning how to intervene, and provides ideas in addressing the unique needs of the school community.
Download the NASP Handouts on Natural Disasters, and Recovery
We offer many resources to help families and schools recover from natural disaster. The resources are also available as PDFs to download, and share.
- Helping Children After a Natural Disaster: Information for Families and Educators
- Natural Disasters: Brief Facts and Tips
- New Schools for Students With Disabilities: Tips for Relocated Families
- Natural Disasters and Relocated Students With Special Needs: Recommendations for Receiving Schools
- The NASP PREPaRE School Crisis Prevention & Intervention Curriculum