5-Day Advanced Training
In addition to all of the offerings included in the 3-day training, 5-day training participants will explore the conference theme in greater depth by examining how administrative policy and educational practices can support underserved student populations.
The 5-Day Advanced Training topics will include all of the 3-Day Basic Training topics and also:
- Investigate the factors that contribute to educational disparities in students
- Explore how policy creates barriers and opportunities to student engagement in the classroom and community
- Identify practical strategies for improving student and family engagement
- Examine policies that promote educational equity for special education and culturally & linguistically diverse students
- Consider how federal regulations, statutes, and case law shape policy that improves access to a high quality education for diverse learners
Participants interested in earning a minimum of 20 NASP CPDs by taking the advanced training can register for the 5-day experience here.
Participants interested in taking the PPI for graduate semester credit must enroll in 1 or 3 credits through the George Washington University. To access information about registering for this option, contact Dr. Carol Kochhar-Bryant.