Possibilities in Action Partner Program
Increasing positive relationships and positive experiences help students feel connected, supported, and ready to achieve their individual goals. School psychologists work to lower barriers to learning and promote school success through a variety of wellness promotion, prevention, academic and behavior intervention, and mental health services.
The “Possibilities in Action” Partner program is a great way to recognize colleagues, either through their own efforts or by encouraging the efforts of others, make an exceptional difference in the lives of students and families by supporting the possibilities within each student. This could be a teacher, administrator, coach, community provider, parent mentor, or any other individual who stands out in your mind as going above and beyond the call of duty to help students achieve their best.
The goal is to publicly recognize their special contribution to students’ positive outcomes, highlight the importance of meeting the needs of the whole child, and foster continued collaboration and advocacy on behalf of students. Members can further detail their Partner nomination by specifying the area in which they have made a significant difference. Program details are available online with the School Psychology Awareness Week materials.
We have designed the “Possibilities in Action” Partner program to be as easy for you to participate in as possible.
- We have developed a set of suggested guidelines for helping you select the “Possibilities in Action” Partner in your school(s), available online.
- Select more than one person if you feel it appropriate but be sure they truly meet the criteria and stand out.
- You will be able to present them with a personalized certificate, downloadable from the NASP website. The certificate is signed by NASP President and NASP Executive Director.
- Post the name(s), school/district of the recipients on the NASP website which will then be compiled in a national list of “Possibilities in Action” Partners.
- Send a letter to your building and/or district administrators and/or school board informing them that this individual(s) has been recognized as a “Possibilities in Action” Partner. Again, there is a sample/adaptable letter.
- Send a press release to your local paper(s), using the sample online.
- Display the School Psychology Awareness Week poster that you receive in your October CQ. There is also a downloadable 8½” x 11” color PDF version available online as well.
- Distribute the School Psychology Awareness Week bookmarks, available in packs of 100 for $10 through the NASP Bookstore
Start planning now so you are ready to go when November comes along. We are excited to hear about your activities. Please let us know what you do by contacting the NASP Director of Communications, Kathy Cowan.
Have fun with this program!
Download and print your personalized Possibilities in Action Partner Certificate to recognize outstanding contributions to children's success.
Submit a Possibilities in Action Partner
Nominate someone who has contributed to children’s well-being and readiness to learn to be recognized as a Possibilities in Action Partner.
National List of Possibilities in Action Partners
See those selected as best highlighting the substantial contributions made to children's academic and personal achievement.
Guidelines on the selection process for Possibilities in Action Partners.
Sample Press Release
Adapt this sample press release to inform your local newspaper if your nominee is selected.
Sample Letter to School Administrators
This adaptable letter can be used to notify school administrators if a member of your staff is recognized.