Enhance Your Effectiveness. Strengthen Your Relationships. Bring Your Principal to the NASP Convention!
Being the most effective school psychologist you can be takes topnotch knowledge and skills, both of which you get at the NASP 2011 Annual Convention. It also requires working within a professional context that empowers you to use the breadth of your expertise.
In schools, principals are critical to creating such a context. They set priorities (or choose how to respond to district priorities), deploy resources, and assign staff to take on key responsibilities. They determine what school improvement looks like and who is involved.
Your relationship with your principals and what they understand about your skills (i.e., how you can help them create successful students and schools) has everything to do with your role: its scope, its contribution to leadership decisions, its effect on the broader school community, and its security.
You have an incredible amount to offer. NASP wants to help you share this knowledge. We want you to bring your principal to the NASP convention in San Francisco.
Special, Affordable Principal Registration for San Francisco
New in San Francisco, NASP is offering a special registration rate of $100 for school principals who attend the convention with their school psychologist. This provides a terrific opportunity to:
- Expose your principal to the breadth and depth of the expertise and commitment of school psychologists.
- Identify and attend sessions together on an issue you are trying to address in your school (e.g., RTI or school climate).
- Improve your collaboration capacity by increasing your principal’s knowledge level on key topics.
- Spend learning and problem solving time with your principal outside of the distractions or pressures of school life and strengthen your relationship with your principal.
- Help your principal network with other school leaders grappling with similar issues and seeing their school psychologists as a key resource.
- Demonstrate the value of your attending NASP conventions and conferences.
- Increase the likelihood that you will be able to successfully implement what you learn at the convention.
- Enhance your value (and the security of your role).
Register yourself first, and then give your registration confirmation code to your principal, who will need the code to register at the special discounted rate to attend the convention with you.
Check online at www.nasponline.org/conventions for more information, tips, and tools to convince your principal that this is a smart step toward improving school and student achievement.
This initiative is part of NASP’s multiyear campaign to raise awareness among school administrators about comprehensive school psychological services and to improve working relationships between practitioners and their principals at the local level. This includes direct outreach at the national level, developing topical briefs and practical tools on key topics in collaboration with the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) and the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), and providing professional advocacy resources for school psychologists.