Interventions for Achievement and Behavior Problems in a Three-Tier Model Including RTI
Mark R. Shinn & Hill M. Walker
Closing the gap between what we know and how we practice.
This third edition of one of NASP’s most popular publications offers educators a practical, cohesive roadmap to implementing a comprehensive and multi-tiered approach to helping all students succeed. It provides state-of-the-art innovations and strategies in assessment, prevention and interventions, and presents them within the context of the three-tiered model, including RTI.
Each of the 31 chapters is new or completely revised and addresses topics such as:
- Response to Intervention (RTI) at the School, District, and State Levels
- An Ecological Approach to Interventions With High-Risk Students
- Data Systems for Progress Monitoring and Universal Screening
- Designing and Implementing Effective Preschool Programs
- A Multilevel Approach to School Violence Prevention
- Prevention and Intervention for Depression and Suicide Behavior
- Gang Prevention Strategies for Schools
- Preventive Interventions for Students With Internalizing Disorders
- Interventions for ADHD
- And Much More…
Gain essential guidance on how to align strategies across tiers, link academic, behavior and social factors to improve outcomes, bridge special and general education, train and motivate school staff on new approaches, and close the gap between what we know and how we practice.
An absolute must-have resource for practitioners and preservice training.