Best Practices in School Crisis Prevention and Intervention
Stephen E. Brock
Shane R. Jimerson
The completely revised second edition of Best Practices in School Crisis Prevention and Intervention offers educators, mental health professionals, and community service providers the latest in theory and practice across the spectrum of issues involved in crisis prevention and response. Leading national and international experts contributed to 37 chapters that look at specific types of crisis, individual and school-wide interventions, and long-term supports to help children heal. Constructed to provided pre-and inservice practitioners with the foundation and tools needed for effective school crisis prevention and intervention, this book provides:
- Proactive strategies to prevent crises from occurring.
- Tools to mitigate the impact of those crises that cannot be prevented.
- Prevention techniques for specific scenarios like bullying, suicide, and violence.
- Steps for developing a school crisis response and intervention team.
- Responses for specific crises including war, death, violence, and natural disasters.
- Identification and treatment of severe psychological trauma.
- Examination of the future direction of crisis prevention and intervention.
Perfect for school psychologists, school counselors, teachers, administrators, and more, this book is an invaluable resource in the effort to prevent and respond to crises.