Student and Early Career Attendees
Each year, more than 2,000 school psychology graduate students, interns, and new professionals choose the NASP convention to prepare for their career.
Why Come to the Convention
- Connect with peers, potential employers, and professional mentors.
- Establish your expertise in the topics you care about most.
- Learn fundamental skills from national leaders.
- Navigate transition to practice with career development sessions.
- Meet with a mentor on-site to address questions about the profession.
- Reaffirm your passion for the profession.
Graduate students can volunteer as Convention Assistants to receive a $75 refund in appreciation of their service. All attendees can volunteer as Workshop Monitors and can attend the workshop they are monitoring free of charge and earn documented CPD.
Make the most of your time in Chicago by participating in the Convention Mentor Program. Select from a list of available mentors and set up a time to meet on site. Ask about their typical day, biggest professional challenges, and best advice for you. Early career members can also sign up to mentor graduate students.
Plan Your Trip
Start planning your trip to Chicago today! Whether you’re gathering information or are ready to secure your seat at the convention, find information about the convention hotels, traveling to Chicago, and things to do and see while in the Windy City.
First-time attendee? View our guide to all of the convention session types so you can best filter through the list of 1,200 sessions included in your registration.