Graduate students can volunteer as Convention Assistants to receive a $75 refund in appreciation of their service. All attendees can volunteer as Workshop Monitors and can attend the workshop they are monitoring free of charge and earn documented CPD.
- You must be a NASP member to sign up for either opportunity, and you must be a graduate student to sign up as a Convention Assistant.
- You must register for the convention before signing up.
- You may sign up for only one slot per category.
Registration for these positions opens at noon EST on Thursday, November 1, 2018.
Convention Assistant placements are final. If you cannot keep your commitment, you must remove your selection from the position by Wednesday, January 30, 2019.
Convention Assistants work at various jobs and booths during the convention for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours. These slots are intended for graduate students only to help defray the costs of registration.
- In appreciation of your service, a refund of $75 will be given to graduate student Convention Assistants.
- You may count the time you work toward CPD hours depending on your personal evaluation of the educational value of the experience.
- After completing your assignment, you must bring the credit card you used to register for the convention to the Convention Assistant booth to receive your refund.
Workshop Monitors are responsible for checking in attendees before the workshop starts, monitoring the room during the session, collecting evaluation forms, and distributing CPD documentation at the end of the workshop.
- You can attend the workshop you are monitoring free of charge and will receive documented CPD credit.
- You do not need to register for the workshop you are monitoring, once you have signed up for the monitoring assignment.
Plan Your Trip
It’s not too soon to plan your trip to Atlanta. Whether you’re just collecting initial information or are ready to secure your seat at the convention, find information about the convention hotel, traveling to Atlanta, and things to do and see while in town.