Students and Early Career
Each year, more than 2,000 school psychology graduate students, interns, and new professionals choose the NASP convention to prepare for their career.
Why Come to the Convention
- Connect with peers, potential employers, and professional mentors.
- Establish your expertise in the topics you care about most.
- Learn fundamental skills from national leaders.
- Navigate transition to practice with career development sessions.
- Meet with a mentor on-site to address questions about the profession.
- Reaffirm your passion for the profession.
Graduate students can work as Convention Assistants to receive a $75 registration fee refund in appreciation of their service. All attendees can work as Workshop Monitors and can attend the workshop they are monitoring free of charge and earn documented CPD. Slots for these positions are currently filled.
Make the most of your time in Atlanta by participating in the Convention Mentor Program. Select from a list of available mentors and set up a time to meet on site. Ask about their typical day, biggest professional challenges, and best advice for you. Early career members also can sign up to mentor graduate students.
Convention Roadmap for Graduate Students
First-time attendee? View our guide to all of the convention session types so you can best filter through the list of 1,200 sessions included with your registration. The full list of sessions is now available online.