Convention Mentor Program
Sign up for the Convention Mentor Program to connect with an experienced school psychology professional and meet for an hour on-site. Students can sign up only as mentees, whereas early career members and all other members can sign up as mentors and/or mentees.
Why Sign Up?
- Address questions about your career in a relaxed setting.
- Select a mentor based on an interest, location, or work setting that matches your needs.
- Decide on a direction for your career.
- Learn more about nontraditional work settings or faculty jobs.
Find a Mentor (Coming Soon)
School psychology is one of the most rewarding careers you can choose. But it can be a challenge! Whether you’re a graduate student or already beginning your work in the field, finding a professional mentor is a great help. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and get advice from a more experienced professional as you begin your career.
Review the list of potential mentors and select the person who best matches your interests. Once you have selected your mentor, you will both receive e-mails with your respective contact information so you can plan a meeting time and location during the convention.
Prepare ahead of time by
- setting a goal or identifying a focus for your meeting,
- reviewing sample questions for graduate students and early career professionals,
- jotting down additional questions for your mentor, and
- bringing a notebook or laptop to take notes for reference later.
Become a Mentor (Coming Soon)
Complete the brief registration form. Potential attendees will be able to review your information online. Once you have been selected, you will both receive e-mails with your respective contact information so you can plan a meeting time and location during the convention.