NASP SPEAKERS BUREAU
The NASP Speakers Bureau is a listing of presenters on topics of current interest in school psychology, mental health services for children, and related issues. Speakers are available primarily to state school psychology associations. Each individual who participates as a Speakers Bureau presenter has agreed to provide one presentation per year at no cost to a state association.
To evaluate the usefulness of this service, please adhere to the Procedures for State Associations and the Procedures for Speakers.
Speakers Bureau Topics
There are a wide range of Speakers Bureau Topics from which to choose.
Procedures for State Associations
Requesting a Speaker:
- E-mail the Coordinator the name of the presenter in whom you are interested.
- Include the date/s and location of your workshop/conference.
- The Coordinator will forward your request to the speaker.
- State associations should NOT contact the speakers directly. If speakers are contacted directly, the state association may be required to pay the speaker’s regular fee for their presentation.
- Once the speaker has agreed to present, the Coordinator will connect the state association with the speaker.
- Are expected to reimburse the speaker for travel and per diem expenses.
- May only request up to two pro bono presentations from the list per year.
- May also use the list as a resource for finding fee-based speakers.
Procedures for Speakers
- Upon receiving a request to present from the Coordinator, please reply by indicating your interest and availability.
- Once you have fulfilled your pro bono obligation, let the Coordinator know if you wish to be removed from the Speakers Bureau list.
- Since members may recognize your name from the NASP listing and contact you directly, NASP would appreciate, for Speakers Bureau requests, if you would direct the individual to our Coordinator.
- Unless our Coordinator contacts you directly, you are not obligated to waive your speaker fee.
Interested in Becoming a Speaker?
The Speakers Bureau welcomes the addition of expert resources. If you are interested in serving as a Speaker or know of another individual who may be interested, please contact our Coordinator.
Speakers Bureau Coordinator
Please contact Charlotte Eschenbrenner, coordinator of the Speakers Bureau, with any questions or to obtain a list of available speakers and topics.
Feel free to contact our volunteer Speakers Bureau Coordinator, Debra Schwiesow, if you have questions.