NASP Approved Provider Program
The NASP-Approved Provider (AP) program permits sponsors of continuing professional development to offer "NASP-approved" training for school psychologists. The program has a growing number of approved providers. Obtaining your continuing education from a NASP-Approved Provider provides you assurance that the training is aligned with NASP Training Standards and is provided by someone with expertise in the subject. Those who hold the NCSP will need to obtain 10 of their continuing professional development credits beginning in January 2010 in order to review their NCSP credential.
- Approved providers will benefit from links on the Approved Provider directory on the NASP website and will also be assigned a provider number for use in promotional materials.
- Participants will be assured that NASP-approved training is appropriate for school psychologists' professional development and is suitable for NCSP renewal.
Types of NASP-approved providers of CPD:
- Related national professional associations
- Commercial providers, public agencies
- School psychology training programs
- Affiliated state associations
- Providers must ensure that their training is within NASP-approved content areas based on NASP domains of professional practice. AP policies also require instructional objectives, evaluations, minimum qualifications of instructors, etc.
- Standards will be monitored with an annual update and a four-year reapplication process.
- A $400 fee is required at the time of initial application. This fee is waived for NASP-affiliated state associations and NASP-approved graduate education programs that provide professional development opportunities to school psychologists.
- All providers (with the exception of NASP-approved graduate education programs) must pay a renewal fee of $100 every 2 years along with an NASP Update Form. Current providers will be notified in advance of their renewal.
Affiliated State School Psychology Associations and Training Programs
- Special provisions apply regarding the application process and fees for these entities. See the Approved Provider System application materials for details.
Sample Application Materials
The following sample applications are provided with permission from The Massachusetts School Psychologists Organization and Hillsborough County Public Schools. Both are NASP Approved Providers. Their applications provide examples of how two providers have met the NASP CPD standards.
The following APS Cosponsorship Policy and Agreement Forms are provided with permission of the Colorado Society of School Psychologists.
Please contact Professional Growth Co-Chair Lisa Kelly-Vance with any questions.