Become a Mentor
Your knowledge and experience navigating the challenging and rewarding profession of school psychology can help a less experienced professional as he or she enters the field. Volunteer an hour of your time during the convention to serve as a mentor and give back to the profession.
What a Mentor Does:
- Offers an objective opinion on issues or problems.
- Provides technical information on best practices in school psychology.
- Aids in the transition to professional practice.
- Helps understand what to look for in potential positions.
How Do I Sign Up?
If you are a practitioner interested in serving as a mentor:
- Register online.
Wait for a mentee to select your name from the mentor list.
(Once you've been selected, you'll receive an e-mail with your mentee's contact information.)
- Contact your mentee (preferably within 2 days) to schedule a time and place to meet.