Find a Mentor
Graduate students and early career practitioners, now's your chance to ask a practicing school psychologist:
- What is a typical day like?
- What should I look for in an internship?
- What tips do you have for my first months of practice?
- How did you get your job?
Through the mentoring program, you can match your interests with a wide range of mentors. During your time together, you can choose to do a mock job interview or discuss questions you may have about entering the profession.
Get the Most Out Of Your Meeting
- Set a goal or identify a focus for your meeting.
- Prepare for the session by reviewing sample discussion topics (pdf).
- Take notes during the meeting so that you can reference them later.
- Reach out and thank your mentor after your meeting.
How Do I Sign Up?
If you are a student or early career professional looking for a mentor:
- Review the list of mentors.
Select a mentor who best matches your interests.
(Once you've selected your mentor, you will both receive e-mails with contact information.)
- Contact your mentor to schedule a time and place to meet.