NASP Capitol Hill Day
Special Event 14
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Join fellow school psychologists and interact with your elected officials on Capitol Hill to advocate for children, families, and school psychology. We are thankful for your advocacy and all of the work you do each and every day to ensure that all children and youth thrive at home, in school, and throughout life. Members of Congress need to hear from you!
Your voice is critical in helping shape public policies that will result in positive outcomes for students and families. Each state will be forming teams to make visits. Each state has a designated liaison who will help to coordinate the scheduling of, preparation for, and attendance to meetings on the Hill with other participants in your state. To join your state team, please contact your state liaison. View a complete list of state liaisons.
Overview of the NASP Capitol Hill Day
8:30-11:30am: Workshop 01: Advocacy in Action: Grassroots Strategies for Effective Advocacy. Participation in this workshop is not required to participate in the Hill day. However, if you are interested in learning more about public policy how to advocate for school psychologists, we encourage you to attend.
Session and Registration Information
Travelling to Capitol Hill
- Participants who want to travel to Capitol Hill as a group should meet in the Hampton Room at the Omni Hotel at 12:30.
- We will be travelling via the Metro, which is directly across the street from the hotel. Participants are responsible for their metro fare.
- NASP will provide maps and directions to Capitol Hill for those who wish to travel to Capitol Hill on their own.
- NASP staff and GPR members will be located at various locations on the House and Senate side of the Capitol. Exact location will be determined and announced as we get closer to the event.
- Talking points, contents of Hill Packets, and all other relevant information will be available for you to review no later than January 10th.
- NASP will provide Hill packets for you to take to each meeting. These will be available for pick-up at the Assisted Registration desk, Marriott Wardman Park Hotel-Lobby Level, Monday, February 17th 4-7pm or Tuesday February 18th 7am-7pm. State teams should arrange for one person to pick up the packets for their state meetings. Please note, there will be one Hill Packet provided for each meeting scheduled.
- A limited number of extra Hill Packets will be available for those who schedule a last minute meeting or want to do a cold call.
Contact one of the following