Bring Your Principal to the Convention
Enhance Your Effectiveness. Strengthen Your Relationships.
Being the most effective school psychologist you can be takes topnotch knowledge and skills, both of which you get at the NASP annual convention. It also requires working within a professional context that empowers you to use the breadth of your expertise.
In schools, principals are critical to creating such a context. They set priorities (or choose how to respond to district priorities), deploy resources, and assign staff to take on key responsibilities. They determine what school improvement looks like and who is involved.
Your relationship with your principal and what he or she understands about your skills (i.e., how YOU can help THEM create successful students and schools) has everything to do with your role. Its scope. Its contribution to leadership decisions. Its effect on the broader school community. Its security.
You have an incredible amount to offer. NASP wants to help you share this knowledge. We want you to bring your principal to the NASP convention in Seattle.
Special, Affordable Principal Registration
NASP is offering a special registration rate of $100 for school principals who attend the convention with their school psychologists. This provides a terrific opportunity to:
- Expose your principal to the breadth and depth of the expertise and commitment of school psychologists.
- Identify and attend sessions together on an issue you are trying to address in your school (e.g., RTI or school climate).
- Improve your collaboration capacity by increasing your principal's knowledge level on key topics.
- Spend learning and problem-solving time with your principal outside of the distractions or pressures of school life and strengthen your relationship.
- Help your principal network with other school leaders who are grappling with similar issues and who see their school psychologists as a key resource.
- Demonstrate the value of your attending NASP conventions and conferences.
- Increase the likelihood that you will be able to successfully implement what you learn at the convention.
- Enhance your value (and the security of your role).
Please note that, if you plan to attend the convention with your school principal, you must register before your principal and provide him or her your 6-digit registration confirmation number, which your principal will need to complete his or her registration process.