2014 GW/NASP Public Policy Institute (PPI)
3-Day Basic Training, July 16-18 for NASP-approved CPD
The 3-day training focuses on how federal and state education policy and grassroots advocacy shapes positive school climates and strengthens student resilience.
- Examine how student resilience can be supported in policy and practice.
- Understand how IDEA, ESEA/NCLB, emerging national policies, and current federal legislation promote student success.
- Learn how to develop grassroots advocacy campaigns to effectively influence legislation, administrative policy, and professional practices.
- Engage with national leaders and experience firsthand how legislation is created and advanced on Capitol Hill.
- Examine how school administrators, teachers, counselors, school psychologists and other stakeholders can more effectively collaborate to provide comprehensive student learning supports.
- Earn up to 12 hours of NASP-approved CPDs.
Watch past participants of the GW/NASP Public Policy Institute describe their experience in Washington, DC and the impact the Institute has had on their careers.
General questions about PPI:
NASP leadership involvement in the PPI or school psychologists’ participation:
Registration questions for the 5-day Advanced PPI for GW Graduate Semester Credit: